What is the Most Viewed Video on YouTube 2021? Youtube has grown into a platform with billions of users, videos on every topic you can imagine, and a slew of careers that have started on the site. YouTube has become a media giant in its own right, and if a video goes viral, chances are you watched it on YouTube.
Over the past 16 years, many videos have been crowned “most viewed,” but which ones are the most popular right now?
Here is a list of the 20 Most Viewed Videos on YouTube.
1. “Shake It Off” by Taylor Swift (3.07bn views)
In addition to being the most influential person on Twitter, Taylor Swift also takes a spot on this list with her video for “Shake It Off”.
2. “Faded” by Alan Walker (3.10bn views)
After a bit of a change in style from the previous video, next we have Alan Walker’s 2015 hit “Faded”.
3. “Dark Horse” by Katy Perry (3.10bn views)
Here’s the video for Katy Perry’s song “Dark Horse”, from 2014.
4. “Thinking Out Loud” by Ed Sheeran (3.29bn views)
The “Thinking Out Loud” video by Ed Sheeran has racked up millions of views over the years.
5. “Counting Stars” by OneRepublic (3.34bn views)
The vast majority of these will be music videos, in case you were wondering. Here’s a video from OneRepublic from 2013.
6. “Dame Tu Cosita” by El Chombo, featuring Cutty Ranks (3.48bn views)
Next, check out this weird video. The video, entitled “Dame Tu Cosita”, features an alien creature dancing to the tune of El Chombo.
7. “Roar” by Katy Perry (3.39bn views)
There is only one other female musician on the list, alongside Taylor Swift.
8. “Sorry” by Justin Bieber (3.43bn views)
It’s perfectly natural for Justin Bieber to make the list, since he was discovered on YouTube. While he had a huge hit with the track “Baby” on YouTube in 2010, it has now been vastly surpassed by “Sorry”.
9. “Sugar” by Maroon 5 (3.50bn views)
The only band to make it into the top 20 is Maroon 5.
10. “Phonics Song with Two Words” by ChuChu TV (4bn views)
Our first video on the list is not a music video. We’re back with another educational video aimed at children (and this is not the last). With the help of this song, children are taught alphabets and words.
11. “Bath Song” by Cocomelon – Nursery Rhymes (4.3bn views)
Continuing our series of children’s videos, here’s another. With accompanying animation, this kids’ song is about taking a bath. It is technically a music video, so we assume it is a music video. Bieber and Taylor better look out.
12. “Learning Colors – Colorful Eggs on a Farm” by Miroshka TV (4.3bn views)
Here is another educational video for kids. Thus, the animation teaches them about colors through anthropomorphized eggs. It’s not scary at all.
13. “Gangnam Style” by Psy (4.1bn views)
Psy, the K-pop megastar with Gangnam Style, is the classic example of a viral YouTube video, and also among the oldest on this list.
It was the most viewed video on YouTube for 1,689 days before it was usurped. Until now, no one has come close to that record.
14. “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson, featuring Bruno Mars (4.2bn views)
While it’s from 2017, it’s one of the newer videos on this list. “Uptown Funk” is Mark Ronson’s global hit.
15. “Masha and the Bear – Recipe for Disaster” by getting Movies (4.43bn views)
We now have some kid’s entertainment again. A fatherly bear looks after Masha in this Russian video from the Masha and the Bear series.
16. “See You Again” by Wiz Khalifa, featuring Charlie Puth (5.1bn views)
Now we’re back to music videos with Wiz Khalifa’s “See You Again”. Take a look at a watch to take you back to 2015. It is one of the Most Viewed Video on YouTube.
17. “Johny Johny Yes Papa” by LooLoo Kids (5.5bn views)
An animation set to an old nursery rhyme, this video went viral after being endlessly mememed on Twitter because of its weird and surreal nature.
18. “Shape of You” by Ed Sheeran (5.3bn views)
This is Ed Sheeran’s second appearance on the list, which makes him the only person with two videos in the top 20. That’s impressive. It is one of the Most Viewed Video on YouTube.
19. “Despacito” by Luis Fonsi, featuring Daddy Yankee (7.32bn views)
In the years since it was uploaded, this huge track has probably played at hundreds of millions of parties around the world.
20. “Baby Shark Dance” by Pinkfong Kids’ Songs & Stories (9bn views)
Having reached the end of our journey, what better way to conclude it than with a children’s video with music? It is easy to generate views with this combo.
Since it went viral a few years ago, you have likely heard this incredibly catchy song. Since then, it has continued to gain views.
Watching this video might get you stuck listening to the song for up to 72 hours. It is one of the Most Viewed Video on YouTube.