India is a land full of diversity, rich cultural Heritage and amazing history with over 1.3 billion people. India-known for its vibrant traditions, language, religions, mouth watering food, and amazing facts.
A country where people belong to different caste and religion but there is still unity in our country.
As an Indian citizen it’s important to know all things related to it. There are some amazing facts about India it can be geographical, or just some random interesting facts which we are unaware of so let’s know about it.
Amazing Facts about India
1. Floating Post Office: We all have heard about Post offices and also have seen regular post offices. But have you ever heard of Floating Post offices? Yes, India has a Floating Post Office which is in Srinagar, Kashmir. And it also offers regular postal services to locals and tourists.
2. Highest Cricket Ground: The cricket ground known as “Chail” is the highest Cricket Ground in the world at an altitude of 2,444 meters above the sea level.
3. Shani Shingnapur: Located in Maharashtra,India, the village of Shani Shingnapur, the houses and shops of this village don’t have any doors. As absurd as it may sound, it’s true. It is also believed that Shani Shingnapur attracts about 40,000 devotees each day due to its remarkable 300 years old legend.
4. Magnetic Hill: Located near Leh in Ladakh, Magnetic Hill is known for its magnetic properties that appear to pull vehicles uphill. It is an optical illusion caused by the alignment of the hills and the road, creating an illusion of gravity-defying movement.
5. Turtle Village: Situated in the village of Velas in Maharashtra famous for its Annual Olive Ridley Turtle nursing event. Every year thousands of turtles arrive at the shore to lay their eggs. One of the main tourist spots.
These were some lesser unknown places in India. Now let’s talk about some geographical facts about India which we as Indians should know about. Common let’s have a look on these not known much but interesting facts.
Incredible Geographical Facts about India
1. Indian Ocean Ridge: If we look at geographically India is connected to the largest mountain range on Earth, underwater Indian Ocean Ridge. Extended over 10,0000 kilometers running through the Indian Ocean.
2. Cold Dessert: India has a cold dessert known as Ladakh. The largest high altitude desert in the world. Unique landscape with barren mountains and sand dunes.
3. Wettest Place on the Earth: Mawsynram, a village in Meghalaya, holds the record for being the wettest place on Earth. It receives the highest average annual rainfall, surpassing even Cherrapunji, another town in Meghalaya famous for its rainfall.
4. Salt Pans: India has a huge salt pans in the Rann of Kutch in Gujarat, where the process of salt harvesting is done. These salt pans are expensive and white color and create a stunning landscape.
5. Tectonic Plate Movement: The Indian subcontinent is still moving northward at a rate of about 5 centimeters (2 inches) per year. This movement has resulted in the formation of the Himalayas and continues to impact the country’s geology.
These were some of the geographical facts about our Incredible India which are unknown to many. As an Indian, educate yourself about our India. It’s not only your right but a duty too.
India is a vast country, try exploring and you will be amazed with its culture, history, unity and so much more. India has so much to offer just try learning about our India.