We often concern ourselves with various issues like pimples, uneven skin tone, chapped lips, etc. However, one thing that often goes overlooked when it comes to facial aesthetics is our teeth. Our teeth form an important element of our facial structure. Hence there’s no way we can undermine the issues related to it.
One such issue is crossbite teeth. A crossbite is when your teeth don’t align properly when your mouth is closed. Ideally, the upper teeth sit outside the bottom teeth; when clenched together, the upper layer should sit on the bottom layer properly. Any irregular placement is called a crossbite teeth.
Apart from ruining facial aesthetics, crossbite teeth can lead to damage, and a number of issues, including cavities, receding gums, enamel breakdown, and temporomandibular joint disorders, to name a few.
In a nutshell, crossbite teeth need to be fixed if you want to ensure good dental health and enhance your facial aesthetics.
But before we talk about the treatment, let’s discuss crossbite causes:
- Thumb sucking
- Missing teeth
- Tongue thrust during swallowing
- Unfallen Baby teeth
- A small jaw that doesn’t fit all your teeth
- Wide teeth that do not ensure proper alignment.
- Cleft palate
- Cleft lip
Thankfully, crossbite teeth is not untreatable; there are numerous crossbite treatments you can go for:
The therapy’s main aim is to train you how to chew and swallow in a manner that your tongue doesn’t push your teeth out of place.
Fixed Palatal Crib:
Most children stop sucking habits on their own. However, some children continue with this habit which may lead to crossbite teeth. In such a case, an orthodontist uses this crib to stop the habit.
Crossbite teeth can be fixed with the help of braces. Even though braces are super effective when it comes to treating a bunch of teeth issues such as crossbite, overbite or gaps, they have a lot of disadvantages.
For starters, they do not give an appealing appearance. In addition to that, braces take a longer time to treat your teeth issues, which are painful.
So, what are you left with?
The answer is simple – clear aligners
If you are someone who is tempted by the idea of wearing aligners that no one can notice, then this should be your go-to treatment for crossbite teeth. Clear aligners are customized according to the placement and size of your teeth.
Here are all the reasons why you need to choose clear aligners today!
- They are comfortable to wear, which means no pain that can drive you crazy.
- Your tastebuds do not have to give up on their favourite food. Clear aligners are removable. You have to remove them before having a meal or snack and put them back once you are done. However, it’s essential to ensure that your teeth are clean and do not have any leftovers stuck. It’s highly recommended that you brush your teeth properly every time you put on your aligners.
- A comparatively shorter treatment. You do not have to wait for years to see results. Depending on the condition of your teeth, and teeth issues, you can see visible results in a few months.
- Less Maintenance. What if we tell you that you do not need to make a gazillion trips to the dentist to get the treatment right? Thankfully, clear aligners do not require maintenance as standard silver braces do. You just have to regularly clean your aligners and ensure that you wear them for at least 22 hours daily to see the results.
Which clear aligners to go for?
Let toothsi be the name you remember. toothsi is India’s leading brand of clear aligners. They have transformed x number -smiles in India and can’t wait to transform yours.
If you have any dental issue regarding misalignment of teeth, be it crossbite, overbite, or teeth gaps, toothsi’s clear aligners can fix the problem.
The good news is you must make meagre efforts. You can start by booking a free at-home scan. toothsi professionals would be at your doorstep to scan your teeth and recommend the best treatment for your teeth!
So, what are you waiting for? You deserve the beautiful smile you desire! Let toothsi help you have that.
Read Also: How to Straighten Your Teeth