The Lok Sabha early on Thursday adopted a Statutory Resolution confirming the imposition of the President’s rule in Manipur, with individuals throughout party traces helping the decision but slams Centre for the scenario in the country. Replying to a quick debate, Union Home Minister Amit Shah stated the authorities have taken all possible steps to carry again normalcy in the restive Northeastern state. He stated there had been no violence in Manipur in the last 4 months. He stated talks have been on with each Meitei and Kuki groups for a non violent solution.
Lok Sabha approve Rule for Peace in Manipur
“By and massive, the scenario is nonviolent. As long as people are in camps, I could not say the scenario is fine. The government is taking all possible steps to restore peace in Manipur,” he said. The home minister stated the ethnic violence in Manipur had started out following an order of the country’s high court.
“The day the order got here, we despatched the relevant forces by air. There becomes no put off on our part (in taking movement),” he stated. He said, to this point, 260 people have died in the violence that began in May 2023, and 80 % of them lost their lives in the first month.
Amit Shah Speaks on Rule
Shah stated he did not want to compare the violence that had taken place throughout the tenure of the preceding governments but desired to inform the Lok Sabha about the clashes among the Naga and Kuki communities that befell in the 1990s over 5 years.
“Sporadic violence endured for a decade wherein 750 people lost their lives. There had been Kuki-Paite clashes in 1997-98, whilst 352 people were killed. In the Meitei-Pangal clashes in the 1990s, over 100 people died. Neither the then high minister nor the then home minister visited Manipur,” he stated.
Read Also: Nifty Pharma Jumps High To 5 % After Tariffs Exempts On Pharma Goods