Tesla and Twitter CEO Elon Musk has lost $200 billion from his net worth but is still making jokes on Twitter.
After Tesla shares dropped recently, Musk’s wealth dropped to $137 billion, according to Bloomberg.
His electric car company’s shares are down nearly 65 percent.
Musk became the world’s richest person for the first time in January 2021, with a net worth of more than $185 billion.
In November 2021, Musk’s fortune peaked at $340 billion, before plummeting.
The world’s richest man was replaced last month by Bernard Arnault, the CEO of Louis Vuitton’s parent company LVMH.
With Tesla’s $44 billion purchase of Twitter, the CEO’s wealth eroded even further.
Following a follower’s tweet on Monday that Musk “worked hard this year and lost over 200 billion, and this year, you will surpass yourself with even worse decisions,” Musk replied: “Thanks for paying me $8.”.
One follower commented: “If you’ve lost a lot of money in the market, remember that Elon Musk has lost $200 billion and is still making jokes on Twitter.”
A new Twitter CEO is being sought by Musk, who admitted to having too much on his plate.
Tesla has also announced a price drop on several of its models, offering a $7,500 discount on its Model 3 and Model Y vehicles.
- Jack Dorsey Launches A Beta For His New Social Media Company After Elon Musk finalized his Twitter deal
- Twitter Shares Fall As Elon Musk Backtracks On $44bn Buying Deal
- Elon Musk’s Tesla stocks jump-start 2022 after record-breaking deliveries
- Top 10 OF The Weirdest Elon Musk Moments
- Elon Musk Developed AI-connected Brain to ‘Secure Humanity’s Future’
- Gautam Adani To Become The Third Richest Person In The World; Musk And Bezos Will Remain On Top
- More Than 80% Of Twitter Accounts Are Fake, Says Cybersecurity Expert