Covid-19 Vaccine Registration in India started today. All those above 18 years of age can now register for vaccination against Covid-19 using the CoWIN platform or Aarogya Setu app. All adults will be eligible to receive the Covid-19 Vaccine Registration in India starting May 1.
Here is what you need to know regarding the Covid-19 Vaccine Registration in India.
Resources says Covishield, Covaxin administered, Sputnik V could be used soon
Currently two COVID vaccines are administered in India. First, Covaxin developed by Hyderabad-based Bharat Biotech and Covishield made by the Oxford-AstraZeneca and is being manufactured by the Serum Institute of India. Sputnik V which was produced in Russia and is imported and sold in India by Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories – has also been approved by the Indian drug regulator.
How is Covid-19 Vaccine Registration in India taking place?
Here is how citizens can get themselves registered for the vaccine using the CoWIN portal and the Aarogya Setu app
How to do Covid-19 Vaccine Registration in India through CoWIN portal
1. Visit the CoWIN website and tap on Register/Sign in yourself.
2. Attach your mobile number and click on Get OTP. After receiving the OTP, copy the digits on the site, and click on ‘Verify’.
3. List all your details, including photo ID proof, name, gender, and year of birth on the ‘Register for Vaccination’ site page. Also, click on Register after completing the above process.
4. After you register, you will notice the option to schedule an appointment. Click on ‘Schedule’ next to the name of the person recorded.
5. Add your pin code and click on the Search option. The centers in the added pin code will emerge. You can also search by District Name
6. Select the date and time accordingly and click on ‘Confirm’.
Kidly note that citizens can add up to four members through one login and can easily reschedule an appointment.
#LargestVaccineDrive— Ministry of Health (@MoHFW_INDIA) April 28, 2021
With more than 80 L registrations & 383 million API hits till 7 pm, #CoWIN Digital Platform continues to work without any Technical Glitch on the 1st Day of Registration of the Expanded Eligible Population Groups.https://t.co/lG0T43Zq8Y pic.twitter.com/V0d2bWw4xK
How to Register through the Aarogya Setu app
1. Start the Aarogya Setu app and click on the CoWIN tab present on the home screen.
2. Select the ‘Vaccination Registration’ option and then enter your phone number. You will get an OTP and then you can continue to verify yourself.
3. On the ‘Register for Vaccination’ page, enter all information, including photo ID proof, name, gender, and year of birth. After completing the above process, click on Register.
4. After you register, you will get the choice to schedule an appointment. Click on Schedule next to the name of the person registered.
5. Add your pin code and click on the Search option. The centers in the added pin code will appear. You can also search by district name.
6. Select the date and time and click on the ‘Confirm’ option.
Registration for 18 plus to begin on https://t.co/S3pUooMbXX, Aarogya Setu App & UMANG App at 4 PM on 28th April. Appointments at State Govt centers & Private centers depending on how many vaccination centers are ready on 1st May for Vaccination of 18 plus. #LargestVaccineDrive— Aarogya Setu (@SetuAarogya) April 28, 2021
What documents and information required for the registration of an eligible beneficiary?
Any of the below-mentioned ID with photo may be used at the time of registration:
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving license
- Also, Health Insurance Smart Card issued under the scheme of Ministry of Labour can be used
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) Job Card
- Official identity cards issued to MPs/MLAs/MLCs
- PAN card
- Also, Passbooks issued by Bank/Post Office
- Pension Document
- Also, Service identity Card issued to employees by Central/ State Govt./Public Limited Companies
- Voter ID
How will the recipient receive information about the due date of vaccination?
Following online registration, the recipient will receive SMS on their registered mobile number about the due date, place, and time of vaccination.
Over one crore vaccine doses available with states/UTs: Centre
More than one crore doses are currently available with the states and UTs, whereas over 80 lakh extra doses will also be received by them in the next three days, the Centre said.
Kindly Note: Since the Covid-19 Vaccine Registration in India has started many fraud scams regarding it has also came to actions. Therefore, Ministry of Health has warned citizens to only register through government’s official sites and apps. And, don’t provide your crucial information to strangers.