Dubai is a fascinating Arabian city that exudes a breathtaking amalgam of unrivaled modern and classic atmospheric aura. Needless to say, it comes with a variety of experiences that are ideal for all age groups, making it a year-round traveler’s haven. Got intrigued to visit this charming Arabian metropolis? This Dubai travel guide has compiled all essential resources that allow you for a well-rounded getaway.
Top Reasons To Visit Dubai
- Unrivaled Leisure and Entertainment: Dubai is most lauded as well as frequented for its trove of mesmeric leisure and amusement choices. The list is so vast and endless that you get to experience some of the world’s best theme parks, water attractions, out of the world entertainment choices (such as La Perle by Dragone Show), amazing animal and bird shows, and of course, the exciting ever aerial activities (like XLine Zipline, Sky Diving etc).
- Fantastic Architecture: This is one reason that draws most people to Dubai. Architectural wonders in the emirate are not just larger than life; they are incomparable and record-breaking engineering marvels that are as dynamic and diverse as the World Island (that resembles a world map), the colossal Palm Jumeirah, Burj Khalifa, and Museum of the Future to name a few.
- Shopping: Dubai is the shopping capital of the Middle East. Don’t take our words; get a taste of it as you check out its blend of mega malls with the flagship stores of major brands and traditional bazaars or souks.
- Vivacious Energy: Dubai is one of the major destinations in the Arabian world that never slows down. From the iconic landmarks and timeless sights to the seasonal attractions and events, all we can say is that you can’t help but fall for its youthful spirit and vibrant effervescence.
- Off-Beat and Cultural Experiences: If you want to skip all those generic or flashy sights that abound the region, Dubai boasts of some incredible treasures and hidden spots that blow you away. They not allow you to take a break from the city’s usual attractions, but also introduce you to side of the emirate that is steeped in history and culture. Al Fahidi Historical Neighborhood, Souq Ad Hadid Archaeology Museum, and Al Seef are some of the unmissable places to visit among them.
Best Attractions And Activities To Experience In Dubai
- Museum of the Future
Yes, this museum absolutely lives up to its name; it transports you to the new-age space era with its trailblazing and super innovative exhibits on view. It may be one of the emirate’s newest attractions, but it is instantly identifiable for its captivating architecture that is ring-like with its futuristic oblong shape.
- Ain Dubai
This groundbreaking sight at the center of Dubai’s Bluewaters Island is the world’s largest observation wheel. Be sure to take a spin around one of its cabins to see the unparalleled city skyline from an unmatched aerial perspective. Before or after your Ain Dubai visit, make a stop at Madame Tussauds Museum in the vicinity; it is the first of its kind museum which lets you strike a snap with the wax model of your most beloved celebrity.
- Theatre of Digital Art
It is one of the latest and ultimate attractions in Dubai for art and culture lovers. Located amidst the marvelous settings of Madinat Jumeirah, it displays classic art with a contemporary twist, thanks to its immersive theme enriched by high-end visual and sound techniques.
- Burj Khalifa
This 828 meter high, massive structure reigns as the symbol of modern Dubai. It is the world’s tallest building, located in the uber stylish neighborhood of Downtown Dubai. Take to its observation decks on 124th and 148th levels, especially if it is your debut trip to Dubai. It offers the most stunning views over Dubai’s cityscape.
- The Dubai Mall
Malls are often associated with shopping, but the Dubai Mall is definitely much more than! It treats you with a world of amusement and thrilling attractions; Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo, Dubai Ice Rink, KidZania Dubai, VR Park Dubai, and Ekart Zabeel are just a few to name.
- Desert Safari
A desert safari in Dubai is simply a journey from its glitzy sights to an otherworldly ambience, enveloped by golden Arabian Desert sands and sheer quietude. Go on an electrifying session of 4X4 dune bash, enjoy camel ride, try quad biking etc, as part of your desert safari. More activities follow as you choose an evening or an overnight desert safari, such as henna tattooing, Shisha smoking, BBQ dining, and Tanura show.
- The View at the Palm
One of the staple sights that you should not miss out on your Dubai visit is the View at the Palm. It treats you with the views of the legendary Palm Jumeirah in its entirety. Yes, you get to see the whole of the palm tree kind of huge man-made island like never before.
- Burj Al Arab
Burj Al Arab is the sail-shaped five-star resort that was opened two decades ago. But, it is still unbeatable for its extraordinary segments and plushest comforts. If you can’t imagine a stay here, you can take a look at its luxury-dripping interiors with a butler-guided Inside Burj Al Arab tour.
- Dubai Parks and Resorts
If you’re a fan of theme parks, this is the place to heighten the theme park amusement and thrill. It is the Middle East’s first integrated resort where its massive grounds encompass several accommodation choices, a dedicated retail and dining area, and mostly four parks: Motiongate Dubai, Bollywood Parks Dubai, LEGOLAND Dubai and LEGOLAND Water Park.
Where To Stay
Dubai has to its credit an astounding collection of accommodation options. From the fully equipped four and five star hotels and resorts to the decent, mid-range hotel apartments, you just name it when it comes to a comfortable stay in Dubai. No matter you are looking for a luxurious stay or a pocket-friendly choice or anything in between, it is quite certain that you will find an accommodation that matches both your budget and unique preferences. Atlantis, The Palm, Burj Al Arab, and Palazzo Versace Dubai are some of the top picks in the luxurious category.
Dubai has one of the best culinary scenes in the world means you could imagine the vast array of gastronomic specialties on offer here. Where else on the planet you get to savor traditional English breakfast, authentic Mediterranean cuisines, flavorsome Asian specialties and classic American steaks all at one place? Visit Dubai and you can rest be assured that you will treat your taste buds like never before.
Top Things To Know
- Plan ahead for your Dubai holiday as you book your accommodation, dining, and sightseeing tours all in advance at least three months before.
- Depending on your nationality, you will need a Dubai visa for your holiday here. If you wish to extend your stay, you can easily make your Dubai visa extension online.
- Pack modest and comfortable clothing for your Dubai trip. Also, carry all important medications and other staples including hats, sunglasses, sunscreen cream / lotion etc.
- The best time to visit Dubai is from November to March when the climate is cool and the whole setting is at its best. If you are considering a budget trip, consider traveling here between June and August.
Dubai, precisely, is an unbeatable city that offers sheer, unmatched diversity in all its offerings, be it accommodation, dining, places to visit or things to experience. This makes it easier for you to put together a holiday that matches your specific preferences, requirements and mostly the budget. But, the catch is to find the perfect option in every category, and we anticipate that this travel guide will serve the purpose.